Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Gospel, God's Love, and Family

A friend recently shared this video with me.  It is a 20 minute "round-table" discussion about the Gospel, God's love, and family.  Much of what they discuss is in the context of parent-child relationships, but I am convinced most of what they say can and should apply to our relationships in our church family.  And by "church family" I do mean family because that is what the church should be - a spiritual family united in Jesus.

As I watched I certainly thought a lot about my kids, but I was struck with how well Paul and Elyse articulate the essential approach to making disciples - a relationship of love whereby I communicate the character and knowledge of God to someone else.  Just about everywhere they reference "parent" and "child" you could substitute "discipler" and "disciple" respectively.