Monday, July 9, 2007

Read Posts More Easily

If you use the Firefox web browser, you are probably familiar with its "add-on" capability. Per the Firefox Add-on website, "Add-ons are small pieces of software that can add new features or tiny tweaks to your Firefox. They can add new search engines or dictionaries in other languages, change the look of Firefox with a new theme, or much more."

The reason I am posting this is because you can use the "Greasemonkey" add-on with the "ESV Bible Refalizer" script to read posts on this blog more easily.

The script turns normal Bible reference text like "1 Cor 14:40" into a link like "1 Cor 14:40." It does this for basically any web page you read. It makes looking up references incredibly easy so you can understand the Biblical support for someone's argument much more readily.

I have enjoyed using it, and I thought I would pass it along.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, it nuked all the references in the previous article when I went in to correct a typo. I'll have to replace them when I get home.

    I had removed the exclusion for "blogger.com/*" (when you right click the Greasemonkey icon and select "Manage User Scripts...") because I thought it was a mistake. I've added it back now.

    ReplyDelete